Encourage Yourself

This post is going to be different. Instead of my typical analysis or discussion, I'm going to give you context, then post a series of screenshots. These screenshots are of a conversation I had while paying hyper-attention to the election results this past Tuesday, November 6th. No, I'm not going to harp on why voting is important (even though it is). These results were stressful to any and everyone I spoke with that night. A friend in particular replied to a post of mine on Instagram stories (@neeeens_ if you fancy a gander) before expressing sadness and a sense of pointless to all our efforts in mobilizing for change. And yes, her info is blacked out, because while I know most of you, she doesn't. The therapist in me jumped out at that point as I did my best to console her, while also reassuring myself. They go a little something like this:


The post she saw and commented on

Full screenshot from the above message


Full screenshot of Laura Brown's uplifting screenshot





And that's that on that.
Find joy even when it seems few and far between. As Roxane Gay said at a talk I attended on Thursday, the 8th, "We should be deeply encouraged by what happened on Tuesday." So do as you're told, be a lil happy.

xx

Comments

Popular Posts